CLOSING DATE: 30/04/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Electronic Technician to join our Offshore Team.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Individually responsible for the safe operation, installation, maintenance, testing and fault finding of electronic systems, controls and equipment on board.
- Assist the Electrical Supervisor or Chief Electrician in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Undertake duties as allocated or directed by the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician.
- Undertake operational maintenance, planned maintenance, installation and repairs on the electronic equipment throughout the rig.
- Deputise for the Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician as required.
- Must be familiar with the electronic systems and equipment in order to safely comply with instructions given in emergency situations.
- Ensure that all electronic installation, maintenance and repair work is carried out in accordance with the relevant offshore standards and that equipment is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all Third Party equipment meets requirements of the relevant offshore standards and that equipment is fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all electronic maintenance, repair and installation work is carried out in a timely manner and entered into the planned maintenance system.
- Maintain, repair and install electronic equipment in accordance with the relevant offshore standards and acceptable levels of quality and workmanship.
- Ensure a working knowledge of Drilling Control, Dynamic Positioning, Vessel Control and BOP MUX Systems.
- Ensure a working knowledge of software control in relation to rig based control and automation systems in accordance with company expectations and procedures.
- Carry out electronic equipment and system isolations.
- Notify the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician of any requirements for spare parts, materials or services.
- Report equipment failures and safety related matters to the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician, Senior Electrician and User Departments.
- Communicate all matters concerning the safety and availability of electronic systems or equipment to the Electrical Supervisor or Chief Electrician.
- Maintain awareness of dynamic position system operation and configuration according to requirements.
- Any other duties as required by the Electrical Supervisor, Chief Electrician or Senior Electrician.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Time served level 3 electronic technician with S/NVQ3 or equivalent.
- CompEx EX01-EX04 or equivalent.
- Previous experience gained as an electronic technician on a drilling vessel or unit or within a marine environment.
- Demonstrates good communication skills.
- HNC or equivalent.
- Experience of Kongsberg DP/SVC, Cameron Controls, NOV Cyberbase Drilling Control Systems.
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy