CLOSING DATE: 30/09/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations. We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Hydraulic Engineer 2 to join our team.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to accepting responsibility for the safety of fellow crew members.
- Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Participate along with Supervisor in Risk Assessments.
- Competent in the manufacture (crimping) of Hydraulic hose ends.
- Comply with the Company Safety Policy and Permit to Work/Isolation Systems.
- Responsible primarily for the maintenance of hydraulic lift system (where installed), HPU, cranes and other hydraulic deck/drilling equipment. May also be required to give assistance as required by the Chief Engineer in other areas of the Technical Department.
- Must be familiar with hydraulic machinery and systems under their control.
- Monitoring performance of hydraulic equipment in operation on a daily basis.
- Daily supervision of all hydraulic equipment power units, tank levels etc.
- Assist with survey work as required by the Chief Engineer or delegate.
- Advise the Chief Engineer, or delegate, of spare part requirements.
- Report any faults to the Hydraulic Engineer 1
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall always be expected to conduct operations in full compliance with company procedures.
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as a Hydraulic Engineer on an offshore drilling vessel.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve effectively.
- Demonstrate high level of professionalism, flexibility and positivity.
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy