CLOSING DATE: 31/07/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
Working within a face paced environment, we currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanic to join our offshore team.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Must be fully committed to working safely and to working safely and be responsible for the safe working practices of the crew.
- Assist Supervisor in identifying jobs which may require a Risk Assessment.
- Participate along with Supervisor in Risk Assessments.
- Shall undertake duties as allocated or directed by the Chief Engineer/Senior Mechanic.
- Deputise for the Senior Mechanic as required.
- Undertake operational maintenance, planned maintenance and repairs on the mechanical equipment throughout the rig.
- Must be familiar with machinery and systems, so that, in an emergency situation, essential services can safely be restored.
- Performance of watch-keeping duties.
- Ensure that ER logs, propulsion logs and maintenance records are completed as required.
- Advise the Chief Engineer of requirements for spare parts, materials or services.
- Report any faults to the Chief Engineer.
- Any other duties as required by the Chief Engineer.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 4th Class Motor Certificate of Competency or a recognised qualification in Mechanical Engineering, as a minimum.
- Suitable experience as Rig Mechanic on Semi-submersible units, Drillships or appropriate Marine Engineering experience.
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy