CLOSING DATE: 31/01/2022
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medic to join our Offshore Team on a permanent basis.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain a Register of Dangerous Drugs.
- Maintain medical stocks and records as required.
- Conduct training exercises onboard with First Aiders and members of medical emergency team.
- Maintain a Confidential Medical Log.
- Maintain and submit Injury Reports.
- Carry out hygiene inspections with Master / OIM on minimum weekly basis.
- Assist Administrator if not applicable then Radio Operator in the movement of personnel arriving and departing installation, assist in helicopter briefings, baggage weights etc.
- Perform additional duties as deemed necessary by the Master / OIM, providing those duties do not impede or restrict on medical duties.
- Provides clinical care for personnel onboard and refer cases to company doctor whenever necessary. Monitors the general health of the crew, including respiratory and skin screening and advises Master / OIM. on occupational health matters.
- Maintain the COSHH SYPOL database. Carry out COSHH assessments. Liaise with departments to maintain up to date COSHH register and assessments.
- Assist the Safety Officer as necessary to ensure that all new personnel to the unit are given a full Safety Induction.
- Maintain all medical emergency equipment onboard including; Stretchers, First Aid boxes, Eyewash Stations and Emergency Hospitals.
- Health surveillance of all personnel exposed to hazardous substances during their period of work onboard installation.
- Resp/Skin/Ears/Eyes/ and exposure to Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) tools. Any identified occupational health problems to be referred to the onshore Occupational Health Doctor.
- Promotion of General Health & Wellbeing through national & local health promotion activities. Provision of available health information and leaflets to personnel onboard.
- Daily testing of POT water onboard for Temperature/Chlorine Levels/Smell/Appearance & taste with discrepancies reported to Chief Engineer. PH and Conductivity can also be carried out where required by local guidance.
- Testing of all bunkered water brought onboard installation for the above criteria.
- Carry out as a minimum, quarterly water samples for Bacterial, Chemical and Legionella Analysis.
- Assist with random drug & alcohol screening, when required.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- Offshore Medic Certificate or local requirement
- Previous experience in handling medical emergencies
- Occupational Health Qualification
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy