CLOSING DATE: 30/04/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Medic to join our team.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain medical stocks and records as required including a Register of Dangerous Drugs.
- Conduct training exercises onboard with First Aiders and members of medical emergency team.
- Maintain a Confidential Medical Log.
- Maintain and submit Injury Reports.
- Carry out hygiene inspections with Master / OIM on minimum weekly basis.
- Assist Administrator if not applicable then Radio Operator in the movement of personnel arriving and departing installation, assist in helicopter briefings, baggage weights etc.
- Provide clinical care for personnel onboard and refer cases to company doctor whenever necessary. Monitor the general health of the crew, including respiratory and skin screening and advise Master / OIM on occupational health matters.
- Maintain the COSHH SYPOL data base and carry out COSHH assessments. Liaise with departments to maintain up to date COSHH register and assessments.
- Maintain all medical emergency equipment onboard including Stretchers, First Aid boxes, Eyewash Stations and Emergency Hospitals.
- Health surveillance of all personnel exposed to hazardous substances during their period of work onboard installation.
- Resp/Skin/Ears/Eyes/ and exposure to Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) tools. Any identified occupational health problems to be referred to the onshore Occupational Health Doctor.
- Daily testing of POT water onboard for Temperature/Chlorine Levels/Smell/Appearance & taste with discrepancies reported to Chief Engineer. PH and Conductivity can also be carried out where required by local guidance.
- Testing of all bunkered water brought onboard installation for the above criteria.
- Carry out as a minimum, quarterly water samples for Bacterial, Chemical and Legionella Analysis.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience as an Offshore Medic
- Registered Nurse
- Valid Medics Licence to Practice
- Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- Ability to remain calm and professional during high pressure/emergency situations
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy