LOCATION: Base - Aberdeen
CLOSING DATE: 03/04/2023
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD) Operations Engineer to join our Operations Department, based at our Stena Drilling Office, on the South side of Aberdeen City.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Support the MPD Manager in the day to day management and supervision of MPD operations across the entire fleet.
- Review daily MPD operational and technical reports.
- Collate, organise and analyse key operational and technical MPD statistics and data.
- Assist in the development of company policy and operating procedures relating to MPD operations.
- Project manage MPD projects ensuring all actions items are being progressed and key stakeholders and decision makers are always informed.
- Act as a key point of contact for clients throughout all phases of MPD projects.
- Attend operational meetings including but not limited to DWOP/CWOP/TWOPs etc.
- Review MPD Drilling Programs and ensure proposed work is in line with Stena Drilling MPD policy and capabilities.
- Assist in the design, procurement and installation of new MPD systems and upgrades to existing systems.
- Attend technical meetings including but not limited to HAZID/HAZOP/FAT/SIT etc.
- Review key industry, regulatory and client documentation and perform gap analyses with internal policy and procedures.
- Co-ordinate after action reviews on key MPD operations and wells.
- Assist in the development of MPD training courses and modules.
- Attend key industry forums and conferences as requested.
- Perform rig visits to support operations, supervise project work and to perform audits.
- Liaise with key vendors and partners, building and maintaining relationships.
- Provide MPD input for rig tenders.
- Review MPD contracts and commercial agreements and provide technical and operational feedback to commercial teams.
- Any other duties required by the MPD Manager.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- A degree level technical/engineering qualification or alternative qualification supported by practical work experience.
- Demonstrated aptitude for technical and engineering matters.
- Knowledge and experience of offshore conventional drilling and/or MPD operations (particularly on floating vessels).
- IWCF or IADC Well Control Certificate
- Excellent project management skills and experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Interest and aptitude in data and statistics.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
share this vacancy