CLOSING DATE: 17/04/2023
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a MPD Toolpusher to join our offshore Team.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all MPD operations are conducted safely and efficiently in compliance with all of Stena Drilling’s MPD policies and procedures and the clients Drilling Program.
- Ensure the Well Control philosophy for a given MPD well and/or hole section is clearly defined and understood by crews ahead of operations.
- Ensure regular drills are conducted and documented to cover MPD specific Well Control, Riser Gas Handling and Contingency scenarios.
- Review the clients MPD Program to verify that it can be executed in alignment with existing Stena Drilling policy and procedure. Where gaps in policy or procedure are identified, liaise with Rig Management and Aberdeen Operations to develop solutions as applicable.
- Ensure MPD system readiness for all upcoming operations through the timely execution of all necessary processes including (but not limited to) maintenance (planned and corrective); system preservation and re-activation scopes; pre- and post-use checks; and periodic pressure/function testing. This responsibility shall be executed in close collaboration with key MPD system owners (Senior Subsea Engineer and Chief Engineer).
- Ensure all consumables and rental equipment (if applicable) for upcoming MPD scopes are quantified and ordered to ensure timely supply.
- Ensure the MPD system, components and associated systems are always operated within their operating limits with particular reference to the system’s pressure relief philosophy.
- Actively co-ordinate MPD operations when they are underway, ensuring MPD procedures are being followed and that any upcoming procedures are identified and available. Also ensure any required updates to the procedures are captured.
- Ensure accurate and up to date Influx Management guidance is readily available in the drillers control room during operations. This might include an accurate Influx Management Envelope or Matrix along with up to date pre-influx sheets as per procedures.
- Ensure RCD Bearing Assemblies and running tools (including back-ups) are readily available for ongoing and upcoming operations. Where this equipment is rig owned/maintained, liaising closely with the Subsea department to co-ordinate supply and availability.
- Ensure all MPD system limits, set-points and alarms are input and accurate at the start of every shift and amended as operations dictate. Particular reference is given to choke system limits, choke bias’, PRV set-points and flow limits.
- Ensure MPD system line-ups are correct for the operation at hand and that changes in lineups are verified as required. Particular reference is given to ensuring pressure relief valves are in-play as required and that isolations between the MPD system and higher-pressure systems (standpipe & choke and kill) are in place as required.
- Ensure that all personnel involved in the MPD operation understand their roles & responsibilities for upcoming shifts and in general.
- Act as the primary point of contact between the Client/MPD Engineer and drill/MPD crew during MPD operations. Any changes in Scope and/or MPD parameters that will have an impact on bottom hole pressure shall be approved by the MPD Toolpusher before enacting.
- Keep Technical teams appraised of operational schedules and system availability in order to co-ordinate system maintenance.
- Conduct section and well After-Action Reviews, feeding back all lessons and opportunities for improvement back to Aberdeen Operations.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS)
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction. • Comply with the Management of Change Principle.
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations when required.
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Toolpusher.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- Current IWCF Well Control Certificate
- Time served as Toolpusher on a similar vessel.
- Mechanically minded
- Strong in forward planning
- Strong communicator
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy