CLOSING DATE: 31/05/2022
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Painter to join our offshore Team onboard the Stena DON.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Perform maintenance to rig steelwork structure and apply paint systems as directed by the Barge Master.
- Responsible for the correct storage and proper stock control of the paint inventory.
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of paint spraying equipment.
- Assist with general rig cleaning duties as required by the Barge Master or their Deputy.
- Work with all departments onboard as directed by Barge Master or their Deputy.
- Whilst carrying out duties as a watch keeper, shall undertake the routines concerned with cleanliness of specified areas, maintain a fire watch, keep in constant communication with the Bridge, and perform bridge lookout or other duties as specified by the OOW.
- While conducting watch keeping duties as per OOW instructions, report any navigational hazards identified using Standard Maritime Communication Phrases.
- Be familiar with Ship’s Security Plan and designated duties.
- Conduct security related rounds and watches, such as a gangway watch or anchor watch as designated by Barge Master or their Deputy.
- Perform Emergency duties as per Emergency Station Bill.
- Perform maintenance duties on emergency, lifesaving, firefighting and damage control systems as required.
- Be competent in the use of emergency lifesaving, firefighting and damage control safety equipment in particular lifeboats and life rafts.
- Ensure familiarity with vessels mooring and anchor system and its uses during mooring and anchoring operations.
- Shall be part of the mooring stations party, assisting with the safe rigging of gangways and pilot ladders as required.
- Perform general maintenance, repair, sanitation and upkeep of material, equipment, and work areas in the deck department as per Planned Maintenance System and as directed by Barge Master or their deputy.
- Ensure all duties and activities are conducted as per Stena Management System (SMS).
- Any other duties as required by the Barge Master.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- Holds deck rating certificate 1 or 2 – STCW II/4 or 2 – STCW II/4 or II/5, AB or EDH certificate
- Previous experience as a painter offshore
- Knowledge of paint application & spraying
- Relevant offshore certification
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy