LOCATION: Base - Aberdeen
CLOSING DATE: 31/01/2022
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Personnel Training Officer to join our Aberdeen Team, on a temporary basis.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Book all relevant training with Stena approved training providers as per Stena matrices and new location requirements.
- Update the Training/HR Database with all information regarding training providers, course bookings, certificates, assign courses to relevant providers, marine tickets, seafarer medicals, CAS information.
- Prepare Employee Course Joining Instructions: book flights/car hire & hotel/accommodation where necessary and update data base. Forward prepared Course Joining Instructions to employees 3 months in advance.
- Implementation of all aspects of Training & Marine Certification as per matrices and Stena Drilling’s standards and procedures as well as the administration of the Competence Assurance System (CAS).
- Follow up all activities regarding training of personnel and mapping future training needs of their assigned vessels.
- Produce various weekly and monthly reports.
- Produce annual training budget forecast.
- Ensure vessel marine crew compliance as per safe manning document. Ensure crew marine tickets, seafarer books and seafarer medicals are kept valid. Ensure that all relevant Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CeC) are applied for.
- Check Department Invoices: Identify anomalies and request credit notes where necessary. Sign off correct invoices and update the data base to reflect invoice received.
- Relative Response Team duties as and when required.
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Recruitment & Training.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- Previous experience within a similar position, ideally within drilling and/or marine
- Excellent organisational qualities
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt well to change, review and suggest new ideas to contribute towards improvement.
- Experience/Knowledge of Marine Certification
share this vacancy