LOCATION: Base - Aberdeen
CLOSING DATE: 30/04/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Personnel Training Officer to join our Aberdeen Team, on a temporary basis for up to 12 months.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Booking all relevant training with Stena approved training providers as per Stena matrices and new location requirements.
- Updating the Training/HR Database with all information regarding training providers, course bookings, certificates, assign courses to relevant providers, marine tickets, seafarer medicals, CAS information.
- Preparing Employee Course Joining Instructions: booking flights/car hire & hotel/accommodation where necessary and updating data base. Forwarding prepared Course Joining Instructions to employees in advance.
- Implementation of all aspects of Training & Marine Certification as per matrices and Stena Drilling’s standards and procedures as well as the administration of the Competence Assurance System (CAS).
- Following up all activities regarding training of personnel and mapping future training needs of their assigned vessels.
- Producing various weekly and monthly reports.
- Producing annual training budget forecast.
- Ensuring vessel marine crew compliance as per safe manning document. Ensure crew marine tickets, seafarer books and seafarer medicals are kept valid. Ensure that all relevant Certificate of Equivalent Competency (CeC) are applied for.
- Checking Department Invoices: Identify anomalies and request credit notes where necessary. Sign off correct invoices and update the data base to reflect invoice received.
- Relative Response Team duties as and when required.
- Any other duties as required by the Training Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience within a similar position, ideally with experience/knowledge of Marine Certification
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent organisational qualities
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Completed a Relative Response Course
share this vacancy