CLOSING DATE: 31/03/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Roustabout QCO to join our Offshore Team.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the Roustabout crew during lifting operations ensuring work is carried out safely following all Stena Drilling’s procedures. Mentor new crew and facilitate in their integration onboard.
- Assist the Crane Operator in operating the Main Pedestal Cranes, where applicable the Pipe handling Crane, Riser Gantry Crane and Helideck Crane this also includes offload/backload of Supply Vessels.
- For ensuring all lifting, rigging, supply boat operations and deck lifts are carried out in a safe and controlled manner. All Crane Operations are carried out within the Operational parameters.
- Ensure lifting equipment used is checked before use and fit for purpose, and that current colour code I.D. and SWL is clearly marked. Follow lifting equipment quarantine procedures.
- Assisting Crane Operators in carrying out daily, weekly and monthly crane checks and maintenance as per Planned Maintenance System and Manufacturer’s recommendations. Report any defects immediately to Crane Operators for remedial action to take place.
- Shall report any damage or incidents that occur to the crane or structure during lifting operations immediately to the Crane Operator.
- Assist the Crane Operators in carrying out daily, weekly and monthly heli-fuel checks and maintenance as per Planned Maintenance System, Manufacturer’s recommendations and Helicopter Operator requirements. Report any defects immediately to Crane Operators for remedial action to take place.
- Assist in managing deck areas and spaces, ensuring good housekeeping is maintained in all of these areas. Will take responsibility to ensure Crane Operator’s instructions are completed in accordance to the lift plan and on completion of work all tools and equipment stowed away and secured.
- Act as Heli-Deck Assistant. Follow the HLO’s instructions during Helicopter operations.
- When designated, act as Banksman. Strictly follow company lifting procedures. Never get involved with the lift or handle the load. Ensure lift path is clear before starting lift. Be familiar with and comply with the company’s lifting expectations.
- Question any instructions that are not clear and make suggestions for improving the safety of personnel and efficiency of the task.
- On moored units – Participate in rig moving operations including operation of anchor winches on-board under supervision of Barge Master/ Engineer.
- Any other duties as required by the Crane Operator.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Sparrows or Enermech Crane Operator Stage 3 certificate
- Helideck Team Member and Fire Team Member certificates
- Ability to mentor crew, show initiative and within a team environment
- Previous offshore experience within a similar position, on a similar unit
- Hold a Maine Deck Rating Certificate 1 or 2 – STCW II/4 or II/5, AB or EDH certificate
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy