CLOSING DATE: 31/05/2022
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subsea Engineer to join our Stena DrillMAX on a permanent basis.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervise the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Maintain and repair heave compensating equipment.
- Maintain subsea running and retrieving tools and supervise the running and retrieving of all subsea equipment.
- Ensure all planned maintenance is up to date and signed off in accordance with the maintenance schedule for all areas of responsibility.
- Ensure all subsea equipment conforms to vessel’s class and applicable API requirements.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea equipment has been entered into the Maximo system. Ensure Maximo system equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
- Ensure the stock levels are adequate for the maintenance of subsea equipment.
- Advise the Senior Toolpusher or Senior Subsea Engineer of any impending downtime/ equipment failure.
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Calculate ton cycles for tensioner wires (if applicable), implementing and recording slip and cut programme.
- Record riser usage on each well, maintain tension record tracking spreadsheet and identify inspection requirements.
- Prepare BOP test reports and ensure all signed off.
- Identify requirements, prepare justifications, source quotations and prepare annual Subsea Department budget. Monitor and adhere to Subsea budget on a monthly basis.
- Be aware of Contract and Re Bills relating to Subsea Equipment.
- Be fully conversant with procedures and ensure that Level 5 (RSWMs) are fully updated with current work practices and are in accordance with SMS.
- Ensure all equipment modification work is carried out in accordance with Stena management of change procedures.
- Ensure any software changes are carried out in accordance with Stena software control procedures.
- Participate in operational meetings.
- Keep Senior Toolpusher informed of the status within the Subsea Department.
- Consult with the Senior Toolpusher and Operator’s Representative regarding the operations forecast.
- Complete work log on a daily basis, and submit daily report per company policies.
- Participate / Supervise in Pre-Job Safety Meetings incorporating the relevant Risk Assessment for the specific task. Pay particular attention to hand and body placement for all operations involving close proximity to heavy equipment.
- Attend weekly safety meetings.
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
- Ensure relevant safety alerts are communicated to the Subsea Department and actions completed as required.
- Consult an approved copy of the Operator’s Instructions and the Drilling Programme regarding information relative to the Subsea Department.
- Notify the Toolpusher prior to the commencement of any man riding operations.
- Allocate tasks to Subsea Engineer 2 and Assistant Subsea Engineer where applicable and provide adequate supervision in order to ensure that all such tasks are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS).
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction.
- Continuous or repeated violations of policies or procedures should be highlighted and brought to the attention of the HoD/Master-OIM.
- Comply with the Management of Change Principle.
- Actively participate in accident/incident investigations when required.
- Any other duties as required by Senior Toolpusher and Senior Subsea Engineer.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- IWCF Well Control Certificate
- Industry recognised engineering qualifications.
- Previous experience as Subsea Engineer
- Self- motivated.
- Previous experience with similar subsea systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy