CLOSING DATE: 30/04/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subsea MUX Engineer to join our team, working throughout our fleet of Drillships and Semi Submersibles.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the safe operation, maintenance, testing and fault finding of electronic systems, controls and equipment in respect of the BOP MUX systems on board.
- Responsible for the installation, testing, commissioning and acceptance of new, refurbished or upgraded BOP MUX equipment on board vessel.
- Assist with the correct assembly, operation, maintenance, testing and disconnection of the subsea blowout preventer, marine riser and related equipment.
- Ensure all subsea BOP MUX equipment conforms to vessel’s class and applicable API requirements
- Be fully conversant with Level 2 procedures and ensure that Level 5 (RSWMs) are fully updated with current work practices and are in accordance with SMS.
- Ensure any software changes are carried out in accordance with Stena software control procedures.
- Ensure all modifications, breakdowns, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of subsea MUX equipment are carried out in a timely manner and entered into the Maximo system.
- Ensure all equipment modification work is carried out in accordance with Stena management of change procedures
- Ensure Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) System equipment details and maintenance procedures are relevant and up to date.
- Ensure that BOP MUX control system failures are properly investigated, root causes identified and relevant follow up / remedial actions are taken.
- Ensure the installation has adequate supplies for the maintenance of subsea BOP MUX equipment.
- Inform Senior Subsea Engineer of all matters affecting BOP MUX system reliability / availability.
- Ensure good housekeeping in area of responsibility.
- Participate in Pre-Job Safety Meetings incorporating the relevant Risk Assessment for the specific task. Pay particular attention to hand and body placement for all operations involving close proximity to heavy equipment.
- Compile daily on site progress reports and submit to Senior Subsea Engineer and Aberdeen Office.
- Complete a documented end-of-tour handover in line with Stena Drilling’s Handover / Reporting Procedure.
- Any other duties as required by the Senior Subsea Engineer
Qualifications and Experience:
- Industry recognised engineering qualifications
- Previous experience as an Electronics Technician working on Subsea Electronics in an offshore environment – e.g. ROV or BOP MUX systems.
- Demonstrates good work ethic, ability to work well within a team and self-motivated.
- IWCF Well Control Certificate
- Previous experience working on Cameron BOP MUX control systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
Please note this is not a standard equal time rotation however we aim to make this position as close to equal time as possible.
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy