LOCATION: Base - Aberdeen
CLOSING DATE: 31/01/2022
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Subsea Superintendent (Operations) to join our highly successful Subsea team, based in Aberdeen.
Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Provide support to the Subsea Manager and Rig Managers for all subsea equipment and associated activities offshore and onshore.
- Responsible for all subsea equipment and associated activities offshore and onshore, in conjunction with the Rig Manager and Subsea Manager. All subsea equipment shall be maintained and repaired in accordance with the company policies and procedures and in compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Liaise with Subsea Manager and Rig Managers to provide support for the Operations Department and on-going projects.
- Responsible for the maintenance of all well control equipment to standards required by the certifying authorities.
- Monitor the status and effectiveness of planned maintenance schedules to ensure maximum equipment efficiency.
- Provide written procedures and safety instructions regarding subsea equipment, also operation, maintenance and repair of the same.
- Monitor equipment failures and compile fleet engineering bulletins and reports for management.
- Respond to all documentation, reports and other communications regarding subsea equipment.
- Preparation of job packs and budgets for all surveys, modifications and projects.
- Direct all offshore subsea staff to ensure that all equipment under their control is maintained and operated in a safe manner consistent with current legislation and Company Code of Safe Working Practices.
- Participate in operational and project meetings as required.
- Reviewing ORA’s ensuring have appropriate and sufficient mitigations.
- Reviewing Presight data on a daily basis and promptly address overdue or failed target items.
- Any other duties as required by the Subsea Manager.
Suitable applicants should ideally have:
- Higher National Certificate or equivalent.
- Previous experience offshore as a Subsea Engineer.
- IWCF Well Control Certificate.
- Previous experience with similar subsea systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings.
- Experience in AutoCAD.
share this vacancy