CLOSING DATE: 30/04/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Control all Drilling Operations and other interrelated activities being performed during their shift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Responsible for all the essential drilling operations, such as drilling, reaming, coring, fishing, running casing, tubing, cementing.
- Ensure the drilling operations are carried out as defined in the approved Operator’s Instructions and Drilling Programme, and the operation is executed in accordance with Stena’s Drilling Operation Manual and RSWMs and where applicable any agreements made in the Bridging Document.Report directly to the Senior Toolpusher any deviations from approved Operator’s Instructions or Drilling Programme.
- Help all subcontractor companies to run their jobs and maintain a good cooperation.
- Manage and monitor the execution of the Planned Maintenance System within the Drilling Department.
- Ensuring that all maintenance carried out on drilling equipment has been entered into the Maximo system.
- Prepare Drilling Reports.
- Provide cover for the Driller as required.
- Ensure Drillers are familiar with MPD well control and Riser Gas Handling procedures.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of the personnel working under their direction and shall be expected to conduct operations at all times in full compliance with company procedures (SMS).
- Identify and address any violations of procedures concerning personnel under their direction.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must hold valid IWCF Well Control Supervisors Level 4.
- Experience in managing drilling operations at Toolpusher level.
- Ability to make rational decisions in high pressure situations.
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with head of departments offshore, shore-based management and with clients.
- Extensive experience on board a similar drilling unit.
To allow us to review suitability accurately, applicants are encouraged to detail the specific units and types that they have experience working on, on their CV.
share this vacancy