LOCATION: Base - Aberdeen
CLOSING DATE: 30/04/2021
At Stena Drilling we operate our business with a focus on our core values of Care, Innovation and Performance. With a worldwide operational presence, we are one of the world’s foremost independent drilling contractors leading the way in offshore innovation and realise the importance of our world-class employees in the successful delivery of our safe, innovative, and efficient operations.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Training Supervisor to join our Human Resources Team, in Aberdeen. Overseeing and supervising the companies training requirements and training team of 3 personnel.
Roles & Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supervision of the day-to-day operations of the Training Team.
- Knowledge and understating of the Industry’s numerous training standards, accreditations, training course pre-requirements and changes that are implemented.
- Regularly reviewing OPITO & IADC standards for new accredited providers and changes in requirements.
- Conducting gap analysis objectively between the Companies and overseas locations standards, as well as client requirements.
- Conducting equivalency gap analysis when presented with similar type certificates ensuing that crews experience and knowledge is not adversely diluted.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on cost effectiveness for training courses and requirements.
- Maintaining knowledge and understanding of UK and overseas certification.
- Ensuring compliance with Maritime Labour Convention legislation.
- Maintaining an understanding of Competence Management System.
- Promotor of best practice holistic assessment methods at all times, acting as Team Lead of CAS project.
- Review, monitor and implement process improvements in digitalisation and automation.
- In accordance with the Company’s Onshore Training Matrix, ensure all onshore personnel attend necessary training.
- Ensure First Aiders and Fire Wardens are appointed, trained, and maintained at all times.
- Management of the Companies Relative Response team training.
- Assistance in arranging Emergency Response training.
- Review and contribute relevant required training information for company tender submissions.
- Participate in internal and external regulatory body audits.
- Responsible for the review and update of all SMS Matrices, gaining approval from the relevant Heads of Department when changes are required.
- Act as an MCA approved attester on behalf of the Company when applying for Seafarer Books and Marine certification.
- Oversee and authorise the submission of annual training budget forecast.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Similar experience within a similar role
- Knowledge and understanding of marine and drilling training requirements
- Excellent personnel management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with excellent accuracy
- Previous experience / involvement in digitalisation and automation initiatives
share this vacancy