Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: November 2018
Stena Drilling is one of the world’s leading companies in the development, construction and operation of offshore drilling rigs and drillships. Our fleet of four ultra-Deepwater drillships and Three semi-submersible rigs.
Stena Drilling manages an international drilling operation, based on experience from worldwide projects. Our core values are focused on care, innovation and performance.
The pursuit of these goals looks to ensure positive client relations, exceptional performance within our industry and strives to improve the safety, both to the environment and to all personnel involved.
As a family owned company, we realise the importance of our world class employees in the successful delivery of our safe and efficient drilling operations.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for Warehouse Logistics Coordinator, to join our team. Some of the duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that goods are handled correctly, both into and out of the Warehouse in accordance with Company procedures and procedures set by HMRC.
- Carrying out of duties as per the Warehouse Manager/ Supervisor’s instructions.
- Checking incoming goods to the warehouse.
- Ensuring containers, crates and pallets are loaded properly for going offshore.
- Ensuring goods returned from rig are dealt with promptly and correctly.
- Completing outward shipping manifests and commercial invoices as required.
- Driving all company vehicles including forklift truck in accordance with company procedures.
- Working with cranes as required.
- Create lifting plans and take part in tool box talks prior to all crane operations. Including checking all lifting equipment prior to crane operations.
- Take part in Stena Drilling Warehouse in house STOP programme.
- Check all lifting equipment prior to leaving the Stena Drilling premises.
- Input correct data into Import and export logs in accordance with department procedure.
- Carry out daily forklift checks.
- Ensure correct HS Tariff Codes are selected when importing and exporting all our goods.
- Ensure critical spares list is up to date and all spares stored in our warehouse comply with company procedures and those also set by HMRC.
Health, Safety & Environment
- Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s safety policies through leadership and guidance.
- Must be fully committed to preventing damage to the Environment and shall work in accordance with Stena Drilling’s H S & E Policy and Procedures.
- Undertake training onshore to comply with the Training Matrix.
Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications for this position include current forklift licence, driving licence, manual handling and aircraft security awareness. Desirable qualifications include COSHH Awareness and Dangerous Good by Sea. The successful applicant will have previous experience in a similar environment, working knowledge of HS Tariff Codes and knowledge of Drilling Industry Equipment. The successful applicant will also demonstrate good communication skills and express systematic and conscientious approach to work.