Warehouse Project Logistics
Location: Base - Aberdeen
Closing Date: April 2020
Stena Drilling Ltd have a new and exciting opportunity for a Warehouse Project Logistics, to join our team in Aberdeen.
You shall be responsible for working onshore in our well-equipped and maintained Warehouse Facility in East Tullos, but will also have the opportunity to work internationally supporting our international fleet of drilling units, when in shipyard/during projects, as well as provide cover in our offshore Storeman role. Some of the requirements, duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring that goods are handled correctly, both into and out of the Warehouse in accordance with Company procedures.
- Carrying out of duties as per the Warehouse Manager’s instructions.
- Allocating and maintaining export and imports registers.
- Checking of goods coming into warehouse.
- To ensure containers are loaded properly for going offshore.
- Ensuring that goods returned from rig are dealt with promptly.
- Ensuring that Risk Assessments are completed.
- Driving all company vehicles including forklift truck in accordance with company procedures.
- Working with cranes as required.
- Create lifting plans and take part in toolbox talks prior to all crane operations. Including checking all lifting equipment prior to crane operations.
- Carry out daily forklift checks.
- Managing Rigging locker, make sure all slings that are in the locker are fit for purpose and are within test dates shown on the test certification.
- Monthly checks on first aid kits and emergency shower.
- Ensuring Stena Drilling’s safety policies and culture are adhered to within the Stena Drilling Warehouse.
- Attend offshore and oversea locations as directed to assist with various projects / and personnel cover
- Responsible for creating dangerous goods declarations by air and sea.
- Responsible for creating waste disposal declarations according to legislation.
- Liaise regularly with Rig Managers, Procurement Team, HR, Project Teams as well as relevant 3rd parties.
- Any other duties as required by the Warehouse Manager.
Ideally, suitable applicants should have all or the majority of the following –
- Working knowledge of stock control
- Previous experience in a similar environment
- Customs Legislation knowledge
- Good Communication Skills
- Systematic and conscientious approach to work
- Current forklift license
- Manual Handling
- Aircraft Security Awareness
- Dangerous Goods by Air & Sea
- COSHH Awareness
- NEBOSH Diploma