Stena Drilling HR Ltd (company number: 06020955) (“we”, “us” and “our”) takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to all applicable data protection laws. Stena Drilling HR Ltd is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under number ZA388121, and we are Data Controller of any personal information we receive in accordance with this policy.
Any questions relating to this policy and privacy practices should be sent to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collecting your personal information
We may collect your name, e-mail address, postal address and telephone number, details of your current and previous employment history, work performance, education and training and any other information that you decide to share with us or our recruitment consultant (please see further details below at “How your personal information is collected” section).
There may be occasions when we will source personal information about you from an external third party (including from your previous employer and named referees included on your application form or curriculum vitae), or from other publicly available sources, such as corporate websites and professional networking sites (including LinkedIn).
Collecting sensitive information
Depending on the nature of a role applied for, we may need to collect and process sensitive personal information about you which may include information about any Non Spent Convictions, purely for a legal requirement depending on working locations and local governing regulations. You may refuse to provide any of the sensitive personal information we request, however, this may restrict our ability to provide the recruitment or other related services you have requested.
Reasons for collecting personal information
We collect your personal information so that we can provide our services to you, including to:
- provide you with information about our job vacancies and to assist you in finding a suitable position;
- provide you with recruitment services - which may include career guidance and management;
- manage a temporary or contract assignment
- inform you of events, services and possible job opportunities using contact details you have provided;
- analyse visitor trends and traffic on our websites – this information does not identify you individually; and
- assist in managing our relationship with you and perform administration or operational functions.
We consider that it is in our legitimate interests to process the personal information referred to above in order to decide whether to appoint you to a role within our business. We may require to process the personal information to comply with any legal obligations, and also to decide whether to enter into a contract with you and, if an offer is made, to decide upon the terms of any offer which is made
At all times we aim to be transparent when processing your personal information and therefore if we require to process your personal information for any other purpose, we will notify you of this in advance.
Security and storage of personal information
Safeguarding personal information and respecting confidentiality of your information is important to Stena Drilling HR Ltd.
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers and we will take the necessary steps, including putting in place adequate technical and organisational measures, to protect your personal information. While we have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of personal information will not occur.
How your personal information is collected
Personal information may be obtained through the recruitment page of the website (e.g. when you submit your curriculum vitae or application) or via one of our Personnel Recruitment Officers (when you contact them, send them your curriculum vitae or application, connect with them on LinkedIn or similar professional networking sites, or discuss a recruitment opportunity with them).
Although we do not make it compulsory for you to give us every item of information we ask for, the more information you volunteer (and the more accurate it is), the better we can tailor our services to your needs. If the personal information we have requested is not collected, we may not be able to provide the recruitment or other related services to you.
With your permission, we may take a copy of your passport or other identity document as part of legally required identity and right to work checks. These images will be uploaded to our HR Records.
We may occasionally contact you with information about some of our other recruitment opportunities that we feel may be of interest to you. This will only come from Stena Drilling HR Ltd, and only if you would like us to do so.
Disclosure of your personal information
In the course of providing our services, we may need to disclose your personal information to other companies (including to trusted third parties) for the purposes for which it is primarily held or for a related or secondary purpose.
- for the purposes of providing recruitment services to you, pass your personal information to our employees or other parts of our group globally (please see the list in the “Transferring your personal information across international borders” section below) and to other individuals and companies who assist us in supplying our services or who perform functions on our behalf (e.g. third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested such as reference/qualification checking)
- disclose your personal information to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, and IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems;
- disclose aggregate statistics about our site visitors and candidates in order to describe our services to prospective partners, clients and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes – in such cases these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
- We may disclose personal information, if required to do so by law, a court order or by a regulatory authority of competent jurisdiction or if we believe that such action is necessary to protect, defend or enforce the rights of Stena Drilling HR Ltd.
Using our websites – Internet based transfers
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using the Internet to collect and process personal information necessarily involves the transmission of personal information on an international basis. Therefore, by browsing our website and communicating electronically with us, you acknowledge and agree to our processing of personal information in this way.
There are inherent risks in transmitting information across the internet. We cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others when it is submitted to us over the internet.
Transferring your personal information across international borders
Where you are registered as a candidate on our database, your personal information may be accessible by, or transferred, or duplicated to our offices globally, including to countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), to enable them to provide you with recruitment services.
Where you apply for roles with our drilling units based outside the country from which you are applying, your personal information may be sent to our staff in that country, including to countries outside of the EEA.
If we transfer your personal information outside the EEA, we will take steps to ensure appropriate security measures with the aim that your rights continue to be protected as set out in this policy which shall include ensuring adequate protection is in place as required by applicable data protection law.
Keeping our records accurate and up to date
Stena Drilling HR Ltd will review the personal information it processes to ensure that it is up to date, accurate and not held for longer than necessary for our internal processes or as otherwise required by law. Your co-operation in helping us to keep your personal information accurate by informing us of any change of name or change of address is an important part of this. Please see further information regarding this under the “Your Rights” section below.
Stena Drilling HR Ltd will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes noted above. In the interest of keeping personal information, we hold up-to-date, curriculum vitae’s are kept on file for only 6 months unless employment is secured.
Stena Drilling HR Ltd recognises that applicable data protection laws provide rights to the individuals whose personal information it processes. These rights include:
- the right to access all personal information the company holds about them;
- the right to know why the personal information is being processed;
- the right to have their personal information deleted;
- the right to request certain personal information is restricted from processing where there is a question as to its accuracy, the processing is unlawful, there is no need to process the personal information or there is an objection to the personal information and the decision is pending; the right to have certain personal information transferred to a third party;
- the right to withdraw consent to the personal information being processed (where consent is actually relied upon);
- the right to complain to the supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom); and
- the right to understand any consequences of not giving personal information.
Stena Drilling HR Ltd shall, at all times, adhere to any rights of an individual under applicable data protection laws.
We are required, in most circumstances, to respond to you within one month, and at all times in accordance with applicable laws.
How to make a complaint
As noted above, at all times you have the right to complain to the relevant Supervisory Authority (the Information Commissioner’s Office in the United Kingdom).
If you believe that we have breached this policy, or any applicable privacy or data protection laws or regulations which may apply to Stena Drilling HR Ltd, we ask you make a complaint to us in the first instance before contacting the Supervisory Authority. If you wish to do so, you should address your complaint in writing to the HR Manager (contact details are set out below) and you should include as much detail as you can about the personal information affected, and the circumstances that you believe amount to a breach of this policy or the applicable privacy or data protection law or regulation.
The HR Manager at Stena Drilling HR Ltd is the first point of contact for complaints regarding compliance with any applicable laws relating to personal information including the GDPR.
Contact details are:
The HR Manager
Stena Drilling HR Ltd.
Greenbank Crescent, East Tullos
Phone: 01224 401180