Stena Integrated Well Services was formed in July 2016, fully branded, and a registered company. Stena Drilling are willing to explore alternative contracting models that can offer an Integrated Well Services solution for services that have traditionally been assume to be under the Operator’s Scope.
Providing service solutions that have traditionally been assumed to be under the Operator’s scope.
Example services could include:
- Cementing Services,
- ROV Equipment & Services,
- Tubular Running,
- Solids Controls
- Managed Pressure Drilling (MPD)
- Surface BOP
- Well Equipment & Services for Plug & Abandonments (P&A)
We have a designated Integrated Well Services project team that are working with various parties to introduce the “Stena Integrated Well Services” option to prospective clients projects. As part of our Integrated Well Services suite of services, Stena Drilling project management can be offered to our clients during all stages of their projects from planning through to operational phase and during the evaluation phase to ensure learnings are captured for future projects.
SDIWS Contracting Model
We believe we can offer value to our clients in various areas of the project by using the IWS model. Some examples of where we can add value are captured below;
- Reduced number of Contracts for the Operator to facilitate / administrate
- Shared Risk/Reward against Subcontractor NPT
- Introduce Multiskilling to reduce POB levels / cost, but maintain efficiency
- Improved lines of communication between Stena’s certification authority (DNV), Shelf State Requirements and subcontractors for Equipment / Spread approvals
- Accumulation of Specialist knowledge and growing experience to support our Operators
- Enhanced third party QA/QC management through Stena Drilling SMS
- Improved HSE/Operational performance via direct relationship with subcontractors
- Less contract variation orders / client induced modifications requests
Stena Drilling have executed Non-Disclosure Documents and Memorandum of Understand Documents with Major Equipment & Service Providers who have been selected to support Stena Integrated Well Services on a Global basis.